Sunday, July 21, 2013

Week in Review

Monday - 1 mile treadmill, 0.25 hours strength training
Strength training was three rounds of 15 cleans at 60 pounds, and 100 jump ropes.

I've been doing a lot of jump rope lately along with using my balance board.  I am hoping the two of these exercises will help improve my ankle strength and get me prepared to run little quick, choppy steps for trail running.

Tuesday - 9 miles treadmill
I'm so tired of running on the treadmill, but it was 93 degrees when I started this run and I wasn't about to attempt a long run outside in that kind of weather.

Wednesday - 1.25 miles treadmill, 0.25 hours strength training
Five rounds of 400s on the treadmill followed by 15 overhead squats at 45 pounds.

Thursday - 4 miles, 0.25 hours strength training
I started this run outside, but again it was like 900 degrees and I was melting into the pavement.  I did the first three miles outside and then did the last mile on the treadmill.  I also did three rounds of 100 jump ropes and 10 oblique crunch-thingies at 35 pounds.

Friday - Off

Saturday - Off

Sunday - 13 miles trail
The trail marathon training has officially started.  I'll write about this run tomorrow.

Totals:
Running - 28.25
Strength training - 0.75 hours

No comments: