Monday, February 07, 2005

Columbus Winter Run

Yesterday was the Columbus Winter Run 15-miler. Except, it wasn't really a winter run. It was in the high 30s at the start and a lot of people were wearing shorts and/or T-shirts. Not me; still too cold. Since I moved into the 25-29 year old age bracket, this has been the only race in which I've placed. Not this year. Actually, I ran a really good race. I did all 15 miles without stopping and ran a negative split for the second half of the race. I finished with a 2:01:18, which is a very respectable time but finished 9th in my age group. Freakin' 9th!!! There were some fast chicks out there. I'm going to try to post some pictures of the race, but I have no idea what I'm doing.


This is me at the 5 mile mark. Posted by Hello


This is the group. From left: Big Jelly, Dad, me, Andrea, Doug, Doug's son, and Andy. Posted by Hello

2 comments:

Andrea said...

ok, did you see the results posted online? Those three girls all running together kicked butt and all finished together. And two of em were named "Kara and Tara Storage" so they must be twins. I think they should only count as one entry ;)

(this is Andrea, if you didn't guess. I started one of these up - thanks for the idea!)

Val said...

This rocks! I love the pictures! I'm glad you had a good run. And I agree about those twins that should be only one entry. Haha! Keep 'em comin'!