Thursday, February 17, 2005

It's been a rough couple of days

I used my eye surgery last Friday as an excuse to splurge and eat poorly. Unfortunately, I've used this excuse for the whole week. I've been eating ice cream, brownies, cookies, candy bars, hamburgers, pizza, and greesy subs. I feel like I weigh 200 pounds! So yesterday my plan was to run 7.6 miles at Sharon Woods. I made it 4 miles and I just couldn't do anymore. I think the poor eating has caught up with me. Even worse, I haven't had time to go to the grocery so the cycle continues. Today I had McDonald's for breakfast and I didn't pack a lunch so I'm sure it will just be more crap for lunch. In addition, I'm just beat down from my lifestyle. I don't think most people could live a day in the life of Meredith. I work 6:00-2:30 (work is a strong word...I sit at a desk and occupy space), I coach track from 3:00-5:00, I run everyday, I take spinning classes twice week, I have Bible study on Wednesdays. I'm more overscheduled than a teenage girl. And I'm just exhausted. I need a day off just to clean the house, do laudry, wash the dishes, go to the grocery store, and catch up on my sleep. Unfortunately, I would probably need more than a day off to do all that! I'm seriously thinking about going home today to get a head start, but I have tickets to OSU's women's game tonight and of course it's with coworkers so how bad would that look if I wasn't at work today. I'm trying to hold out until Monday because my boss is taking that day off and I might play hookie just because I know he's not going to be there. I just really need to physically and mentally reload!

2 comments:

Andrea said...

I could definitely not keep up with you - I have trouble fitting in running more than 4 days a week, myself. Maybe you do just need a day or two off, to break up the monotony?

Val said...

I don't know how you do it PERIOD. How the heck does anyone RUN? You're not going to believe this, (heck, I don't believe it) but the other day I had this random thought about, "I should start jogging." I promptly kicked myself! Don't tell Scott it ever even crossed my mind ;) Love you! Glad you're out & about. Rest up a little this weekend!!!!!!