Monday, February 28, 2005

Sooooo Frustrating!!!

I was pretty sore last Monday after the half marathon on Sunday. So, I got out my bike, put it on the trainer, and rode a half hour while watching a tape of "Ed" on Monday. Dave had a "guys night" last Monday so after my ride I fixed myself a bowl of macaroni and cheese and a hot dog (sorry Andrea). I watched Extreme Makeover: Home Edition and then went to bed. At 2:45 on Tuesday I was awakened by extreme stomach pains. By 3:30 I thought I was going to be sick. And lo and behold...I got sick. And continued to get sick right into midday. Although I did not throw up, I continued to be sick the rest of the week. I only started feeling better Saturday after the doctor gave me medicine to keep me from feeling nauseous. Unfortunately, I haven't run since the half marathon over a week ago. I tried running on Thursday and made it a half mile before I thought I was going to fall over from being dizzy and lightheaded. Today is a new day and I'm going to try to get my mileage over 30 miles this week. I'm also hoping to get back to spinning twice a week and start including swimming again this week. Now if only I could figure out how to raise the seat on my bike?

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Yuck, hope ya feel better soon.

It was the danged hot dog!