Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Summertime

Don't you just love that song by Will Smith...summer, summer, summertime. Makes me want to dance, but you don't want to see that, unless you've been drinking a lot or I've been drinking a lot and then it's just downright funny.

Anyway, yesterday was a swimming workout that I did in an outdoor swimming pool, hence the reference to summertime. (Get it now?) My swim was 6 X 500, which should have been 6 X 20 laps, but I think the pool was actually a 20 yard pool and I'm not quite sure how that calculates. So, I did 6 X 20 laps anyway. Being that it was a public pool there was only one lap lane and it was full when I got there. I swam beside the lap lane because there were still lines on the bottom of the pool and I thought no one would bother me because there wasn't really anyone close to that side of the pool. As soon as I jumped in, though, people seemed to swarm to that side of the pool and I had to keep the lookout because the others seemed to always want to be in my path. Made me angry. Then the lap lane came available and I moved over there. During the last 20 laps of my swim, I shared it with some other dude. Well, at least I can head back to the gym after this week's renovations.

Today is a bike/run workout so we'll see how that goes considering it's going to be over 90 degrees.

1 comment:

Val said...

Oy vey- stick some ice cubes in your shirt. You're brave to be out there in this heat. Be careful! =)