Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Hi Ho, Hi Ho

It's back to work I go.

Yesterday was my first day of work and boy was it rough. Getting up three hours earlier than I've grown accustomed to started the day rough. Dad picked me up for work around 6:30 and basically dropped me at the door the second he showed me where my cubicle was. The day got even longer less than a half hour into my day when my dad came over and said he had a meeting from 3:00 until 5:00. My first day; a ten hour day. Most of the day was spent reading manuals and reading a book. A read a whole book on heart rate training yesterday. (Thanks Andrea!) I couldn't even log into my computer until about 4:00.

Here's the funny part about yesterday, though. I was too nervous to eat breakfast before leaving for work so I packed some diced peaches to snack on. Around 7:30 I got hungry so I opened my peaches only to have them squirt juice all over both legs of my pants. I was feverishly wiping them hoping they would dry by the time my new boss came in at 8:00. Being that this was not my first time this had happened to me, at least I had the knowledge that the juice was going to dry clearly. Luckily, it did dry in time and I didn't have to make a fool out of myself.

After dinner with friends yesterday I crashed, although not as early as I had hoped. I had to pack my lunch and get my clothes ready for today, which was a disaster. Coming from a job where I could wear jeans and tennis shoes, I'm really struggling with this business casual attire.

Coming soon....goals 2006.

No comments: