Tuesday, July 18, 2006

And Now the News

This is going to be a totally random post, so bear with me.
  • Dude, could it be any hotter? Yesterday was around 95 degrees so I thought it would be a good day to run intervals with some high schoolers say around 4:30 pm. He he! We made it three 400s and one 300 before the kids called it quits. I ran a total of 6 miles at a very slow shuffly pace, but my intervals rocked. I ran a 1:19 and a 1:22 in two of my 400s and I beat our best sprinter in one of the 400s and the one 300, and I almost caught one of our boy sprinters. Guess they don't quite understand what the term repeat.
  • Sarah Reinertsen is going to be in the next Amazing Race.
  • I reached a milestone: 750 miles on the year.
  • I think I might have plantar fasciitis. I'm going to see the doctor next week about it, but I have no plans to reduce my running and training starts in two weeks.
  • The Boston Athletic Association came through. I was not happy about getting a medium-sized shirt at the Boston Marathon after my entry had a small shirt. So I sent a letter to the BAA with suggestions like only giving the shirt size people ask for or putting the shirts in the grab bags so that you get the size you asked for. And yesterday I had a package in the mail with a small Boston Marathon shirt. A big thank you to the BAA.

Okay, so I guess it wasn't really all that random. :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

yay for sheep.

baa baa

good luck with the feet.

:) said...

Dang it Jeff...you stole my comment.

(baaaaaaaa)