Sunday, February 05, 2012

Week In Review

This week started my February Run Streak. I actually started on Tuesday so I'm officially six days into the run streak. I know I made the rules to run at least three miles on the easy day, but I didn't take into account that I was going to have a chemical peel this week and that I would not be able to get my body temperature up or sweat. So I had to have super-easy days on Friday and Saturday.

Here's how the week went...

Monday - Day 3/Week 3 Pushup Challenge - 72 pushups
I'm starting to struggle with the pushups. I can do about 30 in a row and that's where I'm maxing out. The numbers are starting to get big with this challenge. I couldn't finish the workout today. I only made it 72 pushups.

Tuesday - 4.25 miles
I had a rough day today so when Dave and I started running together, I wanted nothing to do with him. It wasn't that I was mad at him, I just wanted to run HARD and not chitchat. So I separated from him and ran hard for most of the miles. Bad news for Dave, though, is that I was carrying the key and his run was shorter than mine and it was raining. Sorry Dave.

Wednesday - 3 miles & Day 1/Week 4 Pushup Challenge - 120 pushups
Easy 3 mile run through the neighborhood averaging an 8:52 pace.

Thursday - 3 mile easy run with Dave

Friday - 2 miles
This afternoon was the day I got my chemical peel. Last time I had a chemical peel, I didn't have any restrictions, but this one was in bold letters at the top of the page, NO EXERCISE. Screw that. I ran easy and stopped as soon as I got warm.

Saturday - 1 mile
Again today, I was not allowed to exercise so I did one easy mile on the treadmill because it was raining.

Sunday - 13.15 miles
When I started out today it was 33 degrees. I bundled up in tights, a long sleeved shirt, and a jacket. I took one mile outside and I was WAY overheated. So I headed home, changed into shorts and a lighter long sleeved shirt and headed back out. This was a great run that just flew by getting easier as I went. I negative split the run with my last mile being my fastest - 8:15. Average - 8:53 pace.

Total miles for the week - 26.4
Pushups - 332

No comments: