Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Week In Review

The February Run Streak challenge is not exactly shaping up to be what I thought it would. Secretly, I was hoping to build my miles and perhaps use them to rock a half marathon or even manage a full marathon in the spring. What I didn't think would happen is that I would have a niggling injury and that I would be fighting one of the worst colds I've had in years. Nevertheless, I found a way to continue to do at least one freakin' mile each day as needed.

Monday - I mentioned this in an earlier post, I was HURTING after my long run last weekend. So I BARELY managed to get in one mile today. It was more of a run/walk, but regardless, I got it done.

Tuesday - By Tuesday, though, my achilles was feeling much better so I did a quick little 2.29 mile run followed by 1 hour of yoga at the gym.

Wednesday - Today I was smart and instead of dreading all the pushups I needed to be doing, I did them as soon as I got home from work, before I headed out on my run. Week 4/day 3 (I know I'm all over the place) = 160 pushups. When Dave and I got home from work, we headed out for a 5 mile run that turned into a tempo run. I don't know what pace we were running as neither of us were wearing a watch, but we were moving quick enough that neither of us was talking.

After the run on Wednesday, however, I started to feel a little tingle in my throat...

Thursday - Sure enough, I had caught a cold. I had only intended on doing about one or two miles, but I stayed on the treadmill for 3 miles until Dave got done with his workout.

Friday - Despite the head cold, I had a fantastic two mile run in the neighborhood, flying through my miles - 8:57, 8:13. I think running every day is starting to put a little pep in my step again. After struggling through week 4 of the pushup challenge, I decided to start week 4 over. Week 4/day 1 = 120 pushups.

Friday night, however, I started feeling really bad. The cold turned into a bad, bad sinus infection.

Saturday - I managed one freakin' mile on the treadmill. Is this worth it?

Sunday - I was supposed to run the Columbus Winter Run 15 Miler today, a race I had already signed up for and paid for. I was so sick, however, I didn't even get out of my pajamas all day. I did do one stupid mile on the treadmill to keep this run streak alive. I was not happy, however, that I didn't get to race.

Weekly Totals:
Run - 15.29 miles (that's not very many considering I ran 7 days)
Other - 1 hour yoga
Pushups - 280

No comments: