Okay, I totally do not like bulleted blog posts, but you all have asked a lot of questions in the last couple of blog posts so I'm going to give some updates and answer some questions in this post.
- Toe update. Well, there's not much to update. I'm in a bit more pain now than I was in as the swelling has gone down. The bruising is looking better and I am starting to walk a little better. I've been icing every day and sleeping with it elevated. The doctor has cleared me to do some stationary biking. My least favorite thing to do in the world, but I'm going to do it to keep my fitness up in hopes that I will get to return to running really soon.
- Olympics update. I had several of you ask about what we are planning to see at the Olympics. Tickets are hard to come by and as you can imagine, super expensive. With the help of a friend in London along with my husband's brilliant computer skills we have secured tickets to women's 75+kg weight lifting (we have a local girl who qualified so this is exciting to us), rowing, and tennis (OMG! I'm going to the All England Club!!!!). In addition, we are going to be able to view many free events like men's and women's triathlon and the women's marathon. I'm so excited!
- House hunting update. We actually really loved that house discussed a while ago. It had some quirks:
- The electrical outlets in the second bedroom were not grounded, which worries me a little about inspection.
- The master bathroom had this HUGE weird box that was drywall directly to the wall. I'm not sure what it was hiding.
- There were two fireplaces in the house and neither of them that were really useable. One was in the basement and one was in the garage. Yeah, the garage.
- There was no food pantry in the kitchen.
- The second bathroom had a tiny, tiny shower in which the shower door was hung crooked and it was hard to open and close.
- The neighbors looked like they have a hoarding problem as the very back of their property looked like a junk yard.
- But there were a lot of great things about the house.
- The kitchen was totally redone and really nice. It included new granite counter tops and new cabinets. It also had a built in eating area and some of the appliances were already upgraded.
- It looked like the living space had some nice new carpet.
- The yard space was amazing!
- The basement, although not finished, had separate rooms including one that would work really well as a pain cave.
- So, we also saw some other houses too and frankly they were awful. And surprisingly they were in a higher price point than this one. I don't even need to say anything about these. We have another one we'd like to take a look at soon. As far as putting our house up for sale, yeah, I'm just not sure. I'm afraid to find out what it would be listed at and I also worry that it might sell quickly and then we'd be without a house when we're not really all that serious about finding a new house. I don't know. I don't know.
- What else? I got yelled out by a grown man in a car today while riding my bike with Dave while he was running in my neighborhood today. I was riding on the wrong side of the street. Yes, I know I was in the wrong there. But I also also going, like, 6 mph and off to the side IN THE NEIGHBORHOOD and he had the WHOLE DAMN ROAD to get over. He actually stopped his car to scold me. Oh yeah, I gave him a piece of my mind too.
- I've been debating a lot about closing my business. It's not that we're in financial trouble because we're not, we're just kinda wanting our lives back. When you own a business there is no downtime, no vacation, no saying no. When things go wrong you have to be responsible. And when you break a toe in the middle of a reception, guess what, that photo booth has still got to stay open. For the last three years I've been doing this as my only employment. Now that I have other employment, it's really exhausting to work five days a week and then again on the weekend. At least I'm part time. Dave works A LOT more and rarely complains about it. I don't know. I just would kinda like to know what it's like to have a weekend and go out on Saturday nights and actually get to do normal grown up things on the weekends besides work. We've been debating it for quite some time and still haven't come up with an answer.
I guess that just about wraps it up. Obviously there may not be much content on the blog for a while I heal and don't have any running to do. Hopefully with my doctor's appointment on Friday I will have better and more concrete news about when I can get back to training.