Compression socks. I love me some compression socks. I have three pairs of them and two pairs of compression calf sleeves. I wear my socks after ever workout. I wear my compression sleeves for all my long runs. I truly believe in the recoverability (sure, it's a word) with compression socks. And while my calves love compression socks/sleeves, my quads and hammies and knees are crying for some relief too.
Two weeks ago I threw it out to my Facebook friends if they had any thoughts regarding full compression tights. I got a few responses back. Then I started doing some research of my own. Dang, those suckers are expensive. Finally, with coupon code in hand, I ordered a pair of Zoot CompressRx tights from Running Warehouse. A few days later I received them and have worn them pretty much after every hard workout I've had sense.
Here's what I think about them:
- They are absolutely hideous. I was hoping they'd look a little more like plain tights. There's no way I could wear these with a tunic or long shirt and get buy with them in public.
- I ordered the smallest size as I am tiny. However, for a short person I have long legs and a short torso. I've had a hard time getting the tights up into my crotch (that's what she said, Jamie) so I'm not sure how effective they've been high on my hamstrings and hip flexors.
- Despite not being able to get the tights all the way up and looking like I dropped a load, they are really high waisted and come way past my belly button. I roll my down onto my hips usually.
- They are super tight and hurt my fingers like crazy to struggle to get them on.
- I like that my toes are not covered which has allowed me to sleep in the tights and get full benefit out of them.
- THEY WORK!!! Do I really need to say anything else about them?
I have been minimally sore after wearing the tights after my difficult workouts, which is pretty much every workout. I'm so glad my friends recommended these to me.