Thursday, June 19, 2014

We Bought a Zoo {membership}!!!

A few weeks ago Dave had the day off and we, as a family, went to the zoo for the first time.  We are so lucky to live so close to the best zoo and took advantage of it this year by buying a zoo membership.  I hope to take Anderson several times this summer to see the entire zoo.  It's too much for a 1 year old to do the whole thing at once, but we did hit up a few awesome attractions.

First we checked out the newest exhibit, the Heart of Africa.  This was so cool.  It's this huge open space filled with lions and zebras and giraffes and ostriches and whatnot.  I loved seeing the giraffes.  I think Anderson liked it too.


We also went to the petting zoo where Anderson got up close and personal with some goats.


My favorite part of the trip was the aquarium.  Anderson loved being eye-level with the fish.  And yes, I might have cried a little seeing him so happy.


Finally we finished out the trip seeing the monkeys and gorillas.  There were two baby monkeys that were only a month old and a new baby gorilla that was about 4 months old.


We were only there a few hours and maybe saw half of the zoo.  We will have to go back another time and try to find the creepy crawlies like the snakes and spiders.  I would also love to see the elephants.  I can't wait to take Anderson back!

No comments: