Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Hip Update #1

This morning I went to the doctor again.  We started off with a few strength tests.  Or maybe I should call them "lack of strength" tests.  I laid flat on my back and was told to lift my leg.  Um, yeah, I can't.  Then he moved my leg inward and outward which caused quite a bit of pain.  Next, it was time for x-rays.  Two x-rays were done - one where my legs were straight out with my toes turned in (ouch) and one with my leg bent and knee rested outward.  I love my doctor's office.  Everything is digital and the doc went over the x-rays as soon as they were done.  Surprisingly, there was nothing.  No stress fractures, no fractures, no impingement, no arthritis.  Nothing.  So next up I will be having some fancy MRI with contrast dye injected into my hip to rule out a labral tear..  It's not scheduled yet, but hopefully it will be done in the next week.  For now, there is no running.  Shoot, I'm barely walking.  But, I might get in the pool and pull.  I have to do something.  I'll go insane!!

1 comment:

Carina said...

Woo-hoo for no fractures! I know a tear would be awful as well, so I'll keep my fingers crossed on that.