Thursday, May 28, 2015

Thursday Things I Shouldn't Admit

Alright Internet.  Go put on your Depends and grab a seat.  This confession might cause some pee-soaked laughing.

Last Thursday I did something I have never done before.  Ever.  At the age of 37. 

Ready for this?

I mowed the lawn for the first time.

Ever.

Embarrassingly, it was on a riding lawn mower.  My husband had to give me a lesson on how to use it.  And, in the processes of zipping around the yard, I shredded the newspaper at the edge of the driveway and had to spend fifteen minutes cleaning up tons and tons of slivers of paper from the neighbor's yard.

It wasn't that bad, though, and now I guess I'm willing, I GUESS, to help with the yard work a little more.

1 comment:

Carina said...

We live in a condo, so no yard work for us, but as a kid, I was always able to rely on my allergies to get me out of mowing, so I've also never done it. Even my grandpa's old metal motorless blade thing would make me sneeze and swell and everything else.