Thursday, February 14, 2008

Neurotic, Psychotic....

....or just plain tired.

Before we went to bed last night we vacuumed all the smoke detectors in the house. But at 1:12am (yeah, I checked the exact time) all the detectors went off. Without hesitation, and thank goodness it wasn't a real fire, we grabbed the vacuum and headed upstairs to the one smoke detector that is giving us trouble. Five seconds later it had stopped. Dave made it stop for good, though. He took the sucker right off the ceiling.

I don't do well with interrupted sleep. Did I mention I don't have kids?

2 comments:

Val said...

It's weird that it's always in Feb. for you guys that this happens. What in the world? Ours is hard wired in too, and we have that great room ceiling that I'm NOT looking forward to dealing w/ should that one decide to go crazy. =( Whose idea is that anyway!? Couldn't they put it at the top of the steps where you'd have a prayer of reaching it, at least?

Dave said...

We finally made it through the night without the beeps of doom. The rogue alarm is still sitting, gutted, on my dresser where it can't cause any trouble.