Friday, February 22, 2008

Thursday Things I Shouldn't Admit (on a Friday)

Okay, this really isn't anything I wouldn't normally admit, but it was pretty funny when it happened and normally would cause me quite a bit of embaressment.

I started a new job a few weeks ago, and I have yet to make any friends. :( I eat lunch all by myself. This isn't so bad because I've been bring a book to lunch with me, and I get a lot of reading done during that time. Yesterday I didn't have any food to pack at home so I purchased my lunch in the cafeteria. That would mean, the only thing I was carrying back from the cafeteria was my book. Well, the bathroom is on my way back from lunch, so I stopped in before I headed to my desk. It wasn't until I was walking out with book inhand that I realized what it must have looked like carrying a book out of the bathroom. I swear, I was only going number #1!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

that's pretty funny, although I bet no one noticed. There were times at my old job when I WISHED there were no one else around to talk to, and sometimes vice versa. so fickle, I am.
Michelle

Unknown said...

just be thankful you didn't have a copy of "everyone poops". i bought that an put it in our lobby about eight years ago and it's still there. it's fun to go in there to greet someone that's come in for an interview and watch them scramble to put it down.

Anonymous said...

You probably wouldn't have ever noticed, but if you had ever seen me at work, walking around with my Franklin organizer, nine times out of ten, that meant I had a paperback crammed inside it and was going to do some quality... reading.

Hey, don't judge me!!!!