Thursday, April 10, 2008

Thursday Things I Shouldn't Admit

I don't sleep very well almost every night of the week. I would say mostly it's because I'm not in love with my job and I get really anxious and angry that I have to go to work the next day. Most nights I'm really tired, but I can't close my eyes and actually fall asleep.

I shouldn't admit that most nights I do not sleep in the same bed as Dave. He sleeps like a rock. A snoring rock! Instead I go upstairs to our twin bed and sleep in my sleeping bag. Yes, I sleep in my sleeping bag more nights of the week than I sleep in my own bed in my own sheets.

I'd ask for suggestions to help my insomnia, but I've been this way since I was a child and I've tried it all. I used to do Benadryl to help me fall asleep but now I can't fall asleep with it and it makes my restless leg syndrome much worse, which of course, keeps me from sleeping.

So, my days are spent in a sleepy state and after 30 years of it, I've pretty much gotten used to it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! that's harsh! I guess if you ever have a baby/ies, you'll be used to the sleep deprivation already! Seriously, though, have you ever asked your doctor to order a sleep study for you? I mean, if you don't sleep much, and you're not tired, that's just more hours in the day for you. But, if you're sleepy, as you say, something's wrong. Since you said you've tried everything else, maybe there's something physiologically causing the problem. good luck!
Michelle
p.s. on an unrelated note, I assume you watched the return of ER last night? what do you think? is she going to tell him? are they going to make it?