Thursday, April 03, 2008

Thursday Thoughts

Even though I'm two weeks away from the marathon and only two weeks away from really digging in deep to the triathlon season, I'm finding it increasingly hard to stay motivated. I have found that after 9 marathons the fire isn't there to train properly or maybe even care. And even though I don't have a whole lot of experience in triathlon and I'm really looking forward to the coming two years of triathlon, I can't quite get my butt in the saddle or my goggles strapped on to get my training going.

Maybe it's because it may be winter here FOREVER!

Any way, I'm not very motivated. So, what keeps you motivated? What helps you stay motivated?

6 comments:

Dave said...

The thought that a half-ironman is really quite a long distance to go. :)

Unknown said...

my waistline.

i train to eat.

Val said...

Hehe. I've never met Jeff, but I like him! 0=)

I'm a procrastinator, so my motivations are obviously more along the lines of "oh crap, time is almost out, better get it done now".

However, I now get to motivate two small people to do what they need to do. Coercion, threats, bribes, candy, etc... every circumstance is different. Common sense and/ or reasoning of any kind doesn't seem to matter to them yet! ;)

TRI TO BE FUNNY said...

A Race...nothing gets my ass in gear like a freaking date on the calendar.

TriGirl Kate O said...

For me, a combination of Jeff's and Tri to be Funny's comments and having people saying "hope to see you at _______ (masters, indoor cycling, running)"

Michelle said...

when my clothes start getting tight/vanity; getting to eat more chocolate; seeing results (whether it's more energy, a lower number on the scale;, a project being completed; my kids' behavior improving); trying to remember what Jesus endured for our sakes, putting into perspective any perceived slight (i.e. it's petty and insignificant compared to that). unfortunately, nothing seems to work for too long at any one time ;-)
Michelle