Thursday, June 26, 2008

Thursday Thoughts

Ugh! I'm tired today. Around 11:30 last night when I had finally fallen asleep, Dave wakes me up to tell me the tornado sirens are going off. So, to the basement we went. We watched the weather coverage until 1:00am until Dave was asleep on the couch and I could no longer fight back the sleep. I went to bed, Dave came a little later, and although it was storming outside like crazy, I never heard any thunder.

Now, I don't really know if I could live in a place that has hurricanes, but at least they're given fair warning about them. We live where tornadoes are frequent and there was a touchdown just two miles from us two years ago, so we don't mess around. But, it would sure be nice if you could get more warning about a tornado--like a week. :)

Anyway, this is not at all what I had planned for my Thursday Thoughts. The question of the day is:

What song do you like listening to the most when you work out?
Mine is, "Misery Business" by Paramore. It's an angry song, that has a great beat for running cadence. I'll hit repeat several times when it comes on the iPod while I'm running.

11 comments:

Marit C-L said...

Hhhmmmm.... music and workouts. When I do pieces on the trainer - the REALLY hard stuff, I can't watch TV. So music it is. Um - I hate to admit this, but I'll listen to Korn. Ah, "Twisted Transistor" and "Coming Undone" alwasy do it for me. Gotta add Evanescence as well. Eminem will get me going, and so will (ahem) Brittney Spears. Then there's Linkin Park, and any really good techno.

But I swear - I listen to classical at all other times... :)

Unknown said...

ooh ooh ooh! a music question!

um...i'd have to say "monkey wrench" by foo fighters or "killing in the name of" by rage against the machine. both are crazy upbeat and perfect for hammering out an aggressive pace.

hey, you guys should move to california. we get no warning when nature's roller coasters hit. ;)

Dave said...

Good one! I have a few.

Nickel Creek - "Scotch and Chocolate"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=773TPtpJuPg

Jars of Clay - "Work"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c5ilvi4E-zA

Harry Connick Jr. - "Mind on the Matter"
(Can't find this one online)

Dave said...

Oh, forgot two more:

Switchfoot - "Meant To Live"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbwY9yDL8WQ

Switchfoot - "Dare You To Move"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uK_E7xS7AtQ&feature=related

Okay, I'm done now. :)

Meredith said...

I also like "O Fortuna" (you know, from the Gatorade commercials) as it makes me feel like I'm training for the Olympics.

TRI TO BE FUNNY said...

Well--unfortunately I'm at the mercy of the music they play in our indoor cycling class which is a little too much Justin Timberlake! Although, every now and then we'll get an Eminem or a classic Gun's and Roses which always gets me through the rough times!

Anonymous said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7ToNJHgp-w

the double bass @ 1:10 keeps a good pace

:) said...

The new Transformers soundtrack is really good. Also "list of Demands" the other Nike commercial song is awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1llNYAlYrc

Anonymous said...

I am not a huge music person at all. And, I can listen to all of KID ROCK's CDs 24/7, so I listen to Kid Rock as much as I can (when the kids are not around!). :) Jen H.

Val said...

My step class starts off sometimes with that "Big Black Horse and a Cherry Tree"... I really like it! But I don't care what it is as long as it isn't kid music for a change ;) I listen to enough Dan Zanes and VeggieTales and Laurie Berkner during the week that grown up music is such a nice break!

Anonymous said...

Pantera's second album, "Vulgar Display of Power," is by far the best workout music ever recorded. That's a fact. It's even mentioned in science books and stuff. If you listen to the entire album whilst working out, training, whatever, you WILL become stronger, faster, etc.