Monday, November 01, 2010

Monday's Menu

Each week, I will feature a recipe on Monday that Dave and I cooked the previous week. If you'd like to contribute a recipe, please leave a comment below or send it to me via email: meredith-gordon@insight.rr.com.

This week's recipe is courtesy of Julia.

California Quiche

8 Eggs beaten
1 Cup grated Swiss cheese ( not lowfat)
2 C grated Zuchhini
1 small onion diced finely
1 Tbs Oregano
salt to taste

Beat the eggs( I do it by hand) saute the onion and the zuch until soft, not too well done unless you want them mushy in the quiche. Add the veggies to the quiche, add the oregano and salt to taste.
Stir in the cheese.
Put in a casserole ( covered) at 350 for about 45 minutes.
Keep an eye on it and towards the end take the top off to brown it.

The only thing we changed in the recipe was the swiss cheese. I don't like swiss cheese so we changed it to monterey jack. Here's some pictures of ALL the eggs and the sauteing vegetables.




Here's what the assembled product looks like:


Our finished product was served with biscuits and a salad:



Overall this recipe was not bad. I think Dave liked it more than me. I would have liked it with less onion. Personally, I like my quiche with some sort of meat in it and with a crust. I guess that makes it a soufflé. :) Next time we make this we might make a few changes. Thanks Julia for the recipe!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I will have to find you a quiche (or souffle) recipe from my SIL. She made it on Christmas for brunch. It had a homemade crust and ham, as well as red peppers, so it was super colorful. Also, my stove seriously looks EXACTLY like yours, except mine is a Fridigaire. I know there isn't much to stove design, but the whole back, knobs, display, ect look identical!

GoBigGreen said...

HAha I am just reading this. My sisters are both vegetarian so that is how we always had it since we were kids. I am certain you could add that bacon or ham or?? and it would be wonderful!