Wednesday, November 24, 2010

SWIM TEST!!!

This is fall back week for my training so that means tests, tests, tests. Doesn't seem right, does it? Today's test: swimming. Dave met me at the gym during his lunch break to time my sets. After a short warm up the test worked like this....10 X 100 with exactly 10 second break. Record each individual time and the total time. This is how it went (oh yeah, I swim in a 25 meter pool):

1 - 1:28
2 - 1:32
3 - 1:33
4 - 1:32
5 - 1:34
6 - 1:36 (this is where I thought, "oh no, I'm losing it!")
7 - 1:34
8 - 1:34 (and this is where I thought, "I'm going to puke!")
9 - 1:34
10 - 1:34

Total time - 17:07

My previous swim test had an average of 1:38 per 100 meters. This swim test kicked that swim test in the junk! My slowest interval was faster than my previous average. This swim test averaged 1:34 per 100 meters. Yeah, 2011 is off to a good start.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

You go girl!!! :)

Big Daddy Diesel said...

Well, at least you earned a Pukie (thinking and feeling like you can counts, still sucks, almost worse then actually doing it)

Michelle said...

Now that's some nice progress! Keep up the good work!

a runners' life said...

Good work!

LittleRachet said...

Wow - jealous. I totally fell off the swimming wagon and my test showed it.Good for you!!!