Monday, November 22, 2010

Monday's Menu

Each week, I will feature a recipe on Monday that Dave and I cooked the previous week. If you'd like to contribute a recipe, please leave a comment below or send it to me via email: meredith-gordon@insight.rr.com.

Since my grandmother is not in the best health, this will be the first Thanksgiving in recent memory where my grandma has not made the pies. So, Dave decided to take it upon himself to make dessert. Problem is, he's never made a pie. Martha Stewart to the rescue! Last night Dave had a test run with pear and cranberry pie.











Dave made this dessert while I was at the gym, so I had no idea what was going on. The presentation looked great, but I have to admit, I'm not the biggest fan of pie, so I didn't really think I would give it a try. Dave made me, though, and it was good. Now here's Dave's take on the pie...

When we volunteered to make dessert, I wanted to give a shot at doing a homemade recipe. And I didn't want Thanksgiving dinner to be the first try. So, a test run was in order...and the verdict? I win at pie. Seriously, could this have looked better? And it tasted fantastic too. It was just the right blend of sweet from the pears and sugar and tangy from the cranberries. Since Meredith's family aren't big on fruit pies, I'll be re-making the same crust but putting pumpkin in it for Thanksgiving, and Meredith is putting together a chocolate pudding pie.

4 comments:

Big Daddy Diesel said...

I am a sucker for pie, I dont even have Bday cake, I have Bday pie

D said...

I'm not huge into pie either. Like you, I'm a picky eater and don't like anything (except donuts). I thought you might be interested in trying Tracy's recipe though - http://tracyandshawnracing.blogspot.com/ She's got it in detail on her blog. I want YOU to make it & try it... if it's good, I'll make it too! I'm sure Dave will like it, at least ;)

Betsy said...

Lovely presentation...although it looked a little more 4th of July-ish than Thanksgiving but it is still far better than I could do. But I'm with you - I can take or leave the pie. Cookies...that's the way to my heart! Happy Thanksgiving!

Unknown said...

Way to go Dave! I'm not a huge pie fan either, but it looks delish! :)