Thursday, November 11, 2010

Thursday Thoughts

Last week I was watching Jeopardy and I swear Coach's husband was a contestant on it. A quick text message sent and received, and it wasn't. But, a flurry of text messages later I let her know how to test for Jeopardy. Yes I have taken the test to get on Jeopardy. It was hard, I sucked, and I don't know if I'll embarrass myself like that again.

Confession, in college I also applied to get on MTV's "Real World." Oddly enough, I made it to the second round of questions where they called me at 2:00am (I kid you not) and asked me dumb questions like, "would I ever beat someone up who called me a bitch?" Needless to say (and thankfully) I didn't get on that show either.

So it got me thinking...have you ever applied to be on a game or reality show? Have you ever gotten on a game or reality show?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Paul and I totally applied for The Amazing Race after the first season but we didn't even get a call. Other funny story, I got called to be on Wife Swap (got referred from a friend) - we didn't follow through on that one : )

Unknown said...

Ryan, his parents, and I auditioned for the Amazing Race family edition. I think we were too normal in our interview. Debra (from Buckeye Gymnastics) and I got on the news for trying out for Wheel of Fortune when it came to the Ohio State Fair. I didn't make either show. Ford employees/family were invited to the "try-outs" between the 3 contestants to get on to biggest loser this season at WHQ, and I was pretty angry that Ryan wouldn't let me go down to watch the "step" competition. He didn't want me to blow off church and leave him to take both kids on his own to go.

Unknown said...

i made it on "the bible bowl" at tbn back in the late 70's. i rocked that buzzer put the smack down when it came to old testament triva, boyeee.

Unknown said...

Tom and I applied for the Amazing Race. We probably would have killed each other if we had gotten on! :)

Michelle said...

Hey, I auditioned (unsuccessfully) for Jeopardy, too ;-)

Kim said...

ive always wanted to apply to amazing race, but somehow having ulcerative colitis probably wouldnt be the best for viewers! one of my good friends was on average joe. it was hilarious.