Here is how we play the game.
1. Post these rules
2. You must post 11 random things about yourself
3. Answer the questions set for you in their post (I guess I’ve gotta do this twice for both Carole and Laura’s questions…)
4. Create 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer
5. Go to their blog and tell them you’ve tagged them
6. No stuff in the tagging section about you are tagged if you are reading this. You legitimately have to tag 11 people!
11 Random Things About Myself:
1. I listen to country music all day long. My favorites include Brad Paisley, Sugarland, Taylor Swift, Kenny Chesney, and Keith Urban.
2. I hate almost all things about being short and small including my feet never hitting the floor while sitting in a chair and that I struggle to find a pair of pants that don't need tailored.
3. But, there are some advantages like being able to buy kids clothing.
4. At nearly 34 years old, I am the second oldest person in my department at work. The average age is probably closer to 24 or 25. The whole company is run by a bunch of 20-somethings.
5. And because they're so young and we're all outfitted in the apparel we pimp and because the lighting is so horrible in the bathroom at work, I go home most days feeling like I look like shit!
6. I work customer service emails in my job and let me tell you, people are LIARS!!
7. After mulling over all my choices, I was prescribed an anti-depressant to deal with my depression and anxiety. And of course, my OBGYN said absolutely not. So here I sit with a prescription I haven't and (it seems) cannot take. Awesome. But I have been taking some vitamin supplements the last couple of weeks and have been feeling a little better.
8. My grandmother might be the only person I have ever trusted.
9. When I cut all my hair off in July, I cried. I then went through a phase where I hated it and wanted to grow it back out. But now, I absolutely love it. Not only is it super-easy, I still think it's feminine and works well with my tiny head and big personality.
10. Although, I still miss my pony tail swishing when I run.
11. I don't like to eat cereal for breakfast. The milk is too cold that early in the morning. It hurts my teeth. I'd much rather eat cereal for a snack in the afternoon.
1. What is your proudest accomplishment?
Making it through and graduating from The Ohio State University with my degree in engineering. Qualifying and running Boston ranks right up there too.
2. What is your biggest regret?
Not finishing ironman.
3. What was your biggest fear as a child?
I am scared to death of bridges.
4. What is your biggest fear as an adult?
I'm still scared to death of bridges, but add roller coasters to that mix too.
5. Your most embarrassing triathlon story, using exactly 11 words.
I tend to finish DFL in the bike portion. It sucks.
6. What is the one piece of advice you’d give the 10 year old version of yourself.
Calm the f@ck down. Heck, I'm still trying to give myself that advice.
7. What is the best meal that you’ve ever made yourself?
Dave and I make a really mean pork tenderloin with potatoes and acorn squash.
8. In or out?
Belly button? It's just there - neither goes in or out.
9. What is your dream car?
I really love the Range Rover, but (a) I'll never be able to afford that, (b) it's not a hybrid, and (c) even if it was a hybrid it still wouldn't get great gas mileage.
10. What is the fastest you’ve ever gone on a bike?
I saw over 30mph going down a hill at both IM Louisville and Rev3 Knoxville. Luckily (I guess) because I don't weigh very much, I don't get the speed down the hills that most people get. Going that fast scares me.
11. What is your least favorite part of triathlon training/racing?
Biking. Gosh, I really wish you didn't have to bike in triathlon. :)
11 Question Asked By Me:
1. What is your favorite children's book?
2. Pepsi or Coke?
3. What is your favorite board or card game to play?
4. What is one thing you're really looking forward to in 2012?
5. If you stumbled upon a magic genie lamp, and she asked you for your three wishes, what would you wish for? (And don't give me that world peace bull!)
6. If you could have any job in the world, what would you choose to do?
7. If you had a bazillion dollars, what would be the first thing you'd spend with that money?
8. If you could be awesome at one thing and one thing only, what would that be?
9. What is your favorite color and why?
10. If you could be reincarnated into anything, what or who would you want to be?
11. What's for dinner tonight?
Okay, I know I'm a little behind the times in getting this done. It feels like everyone and their brother have already been tagged by this game. So, if you haven't and want to participate, please do so. Also please let me know in the comments if you answered my questions on your own blog. Or if you don't want to play on your own blog and want to answer my questions (because they're awesome), please answer in the comments below. Should be fun!