Sunday, June 23, 2013

Week in Review

I'm now through 28 days of the Runner's World Run Streak (run every day between Memorial Day and the Fourth of July) and I have to admit, I'm tired.  This week I also started my 18 week training plan for my fall half marathon.  18 weeks is an awfully long time to train for a half marathon!  And I'm just not quite up to the speed I should be at for the training, but I'm getting through it.

Monday - 3.5 miles, track workout
You can read about this disastrous workout here.

Tuesday - 3.5 miles with stroller
While Dave was doing his track workout, I took Anderson out on a little jog through the town.  This is how he spent his time, either bored or asleep:


Wednesday - 8 miles
This was my midweek long run.  It was supposed to be done at a 7:35 pace.  I knew I had zero percent chance of reaching that, so I turned off the alerts on my Garmin and just ran as hard as I could at this time (and for what the crazy hot weather would allow me).  My overall pace was an 8:25.  I've got a long way to go.

Thursday - 2 miles treadmill, 0.25 hours strength training
Today was a busy day and I barely had time to get in a run.  So, I only did 2 miles on the treadmill and then lifted some weights.  The weights just about killed me.  It was reps of 21-18-15-12-9-6-3 front squats with 65 pounds and BOSU crunches.  I was barely able to walk for the next two days!

Friday - 10 miles treadmill
I had hoped to do a long run on the park trails today but it was hotter than balls outside and I had too much to do to get to the park.  Yes, I ran 10 miles on the treadmill.

Saturday - 2 miles
After not even a 12 hour turn around since my last run, I got up early on Saturday and did a quick 2 miles through the neighborhood before everyone woke up and before we had to leave for our roadtrip.

Sunday - 1 mile treadmill, 0.25 hours strength training
The baby and I took a quick roadtrip down to visit relatives in Kentucky over the weekend and I was absolutely exhausted when I got back.  Although I had planned on doing my 6 mile tempo run, I just didn't have the energy.  So I did one mile on the treadmill followed by 3 X 10 reps of oblique crunches at 35 pounds and snatch squats also at 35 pounds.

Totals:
Run - 30 miles
Strength Training - 0.5 hours

1 comment:

Andrea Hill said...

18 weeks IS long!! Given the temperature and the fact you had a baby 12 weeks ago, I'm pretty sure your week's efforts were totally great. You'll hit your goal paces soon enough.. And don't forget summer training is always tougher than fall races.