Sunday, June 30, 2013

Week in Review

This is the last full week of the Runner's World run streak.  I'm through 35 days and still ticking.  Four more days to go, which will be concluded with a race on the Fourth of July.  Honestly, I'm exhausted and sore everywhere, but I'm gonna make it. 

Monday - 6.75 miles track workout
You can read about the workout here.

Tuesday - 2.25 miles treadmill, 0.25 hours strength training
Strength training was five rounds of 5 X deadlifts at 90 pounds, 25 situps.

Wednesday - 9 miles treadmill
Wouldn't you know it started to rain/storm as soon as I needed to do a 9 miler?  So, I did it on the treadmill (good gosh!) alternating between a 9:00 and 10:00 min pace.

Thursday - 1 mile
Super easy run with Dave, Sloopy, and Anderson in the stroller.

Friday - 1 mile treadmill, 0.25 hours strength training
I thought for sure I was going to break the streak today.  I DID NOT want to work out, but I still found a way to get the workout in.  Strength training was 10 rounds of 25 jump ropes, 10 mountain climbers (per leg).

Saturday - 5 miles treadmill, 0.25 hours strength training
It was STORMING this afternoon so again I had to do this on the treadmill.  And it was supposed to be a tempo run so I worked hard to hold a sub-9:00 pace.  Strength training was three reps of 10 kettlebell swings at 10 pounds, 15 knee pushups.

Sunday - 11 miles trail
I slept in way too late to avoid the heat and didn't start this run until about 11:15am.  Gosh it was hot and humid!  I really tried hard to keep the pace under control in a comfortable sub-10:00 range.  I only had one mile over a 10:00 and averaged 9:40 pace for the whole 11 miles.  This is the pace I'm aiming for for my trail races later this year.  I took some pictures of the trail.  I also tried to take pictures of the two wild turkeys and the two baby deer I saw, but they all ran away.


Totals:
Run - 36 miles
Strength Training - 0.75 hours

No comments: