Monday, May 19, 2008

Swimming Time Trial

Last Friday we had our second (my first) 1000 meter/yard swimming time trial. I recently set my goals for Muncie (and they will remain private), but I knew I needed to swim 18:55 to be able to have a chance to reach those goals.

I took a small warm-up in the pool and did it with limited breathing to get my heart rate up. I struggle a lot at the triathlons because I can't relax and have a hard time getting my face in the water and breathing correctly.

I swam HARD in my time trial. I pushed until I couldn't push anymore. I breathed when I needed to and kept reminding myself to stroke long instead of hard. And it paid off. My time:

18:06

Awesome! We still have one more time trial before the race and I'm going to try to get until 18:00. Everything seems to be falling into place right now.

No comments: