Saturday, October 03, 2009

Achy Breaky

I'm not a fan or tapering. Others talk about feeling bloated or like they need to train more. Tapering for me always makes me feel achy. And by achy, I mean my body hurts and I wonder what happened and how I will get to the start line. Right now my right hip is bothering me, which somehow is also causing a pin-pointed pain in my right inner thigh. My left achilles hurts. And of course, my finger is NEVER getting better (okay, that has nothing to do with running). Somehow in two weeks all the pain will go away and I'll feel nothing for 26 miles. I'm so excited!!!

2 comments:

D said...

I LOVE tapering. I've been doing it all year. Although, I'm starting to think I've just been de-training.

GetBackJoJo said...

I'm running a marathon the same day,and yet my taper hasn't started yet. Jen? Jen?
I am supposed to that 10 x 800 thing today on the track...