Friday, October 30, 2009

Foto Friday

Despite the warm temperatures this week, it's no secret, winter's coming. With the start of November and my new training schedule there are hours and hours of indoor training ahead of me. This year I vowed there would not be bikes in the living room like last year. So, Dave and I have spent the whole week cleaning out the basement and have put together our workout area. We're not done with the space yet as we hope to make it not seem so "basement-like" but for now it will have to do. Check out our set-up:



Our treadmill is so old it doesn't have buttons; it has sliders. But, it works and we only use it when the weather is too awful for running outside. Usually I try to run outside in the winter. My bike is in the middle, in case you couldn't figure that out based on the fact the bike looks like it would fit my 6 year old nephew. Dave's "Charlie Brown" bike is on the right. There's more to the room too with weights (although I prefer to do weights at the gym) and we're hoping to bring down our exercise ball and roller. The television is hooked up to cable and we hope to get a DVD player so we can watch movies while riding.

I think it's a pretty good set-up!

4 comments:

Molly said...

Looks nice (but cold)! Many fun hours of basement training ahead :)

Meredith said...

Our basement is heated, but it looks drab which makes it look cold. I've got plans for that, but I'm still trying to talk Dave into it.

Anonymous said...

nice "workout room" wait until you resale and you can feature that! :) hope the weather doesn't get too cold that we are inside runners too much!

Val said...

It looks awesome! =D Good for you.

Is the bedroom all painted now?