Sunday, October 04, 2009

Don't Tell Anyone

Ssshhhh! I've got a secret to tell. This biking stuff...it isn't so bad. Ssshhh! Don't tell anybody! Especially not Coach. I've been riding now twice a week, with most rides being between 30 minutes and an hour. The soreness is going away. I've been able to increase my RPMs comfortably. And my mileage is coming up. I think the thing I like most about it is it's a nice respite from running. Marathon training has been extreme and I'm ready for a break.

Speaking of break, after the marathon Coach is making me take a mandatory 2-3 week, absolutely no working out, break before Ironman training begins. I think I might die during that time.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

No gym, no nothing? wow 2-3 weeks. Can we get a gambling pool on how long you actually last???

D said...

30-60mins? Oh anyone can like that sort of riding. Come back and tell us how much you like riding when you're at the 5+ hour mark.

And does coach charge for those weeks you don't train? lol

Molly said...

That break will be so good for you! I'm looking forward to my several weeks of do-nothing-and-get-fat after IM.

Yay on the biking!

Liz Waterstraat said...

I don't read this so don't worry. During that break I think you might get deep recovery & grow stronger next year! :)