Monday, May 13, 2013

My Mother's Day

I had a great first mother's day.

The day started great when the little bug decided to let us sleep in.  This was great as we had worked a photo booth event the evening before and had stayed up WAY too late.  Then Dave surprised me by making me pancakes.  I love pancakes.  They're so easy to make and yet I never make them.  After breakfast Dave took the baby and let me go for a run.  I managed five miles.  It wasn't pretty but I got it done.  Dave, the baby, and Sloopy (my dog) got me great cards along with some flowers.  Plus, they got me $100 cash to spend any way I want and to have the afternoon to myself to spend it.



I was still pretty tired from the previous evening so I decided to take a rain check on the shopping trip and take a nap with the baby instead.  The day ended with a trip to Dairy Queen for some yummy blizzards.

Now I've got big shoes to fill for Dave's upcoming first father's day.

No comments: