Sunday, May 19, 2013

Week in Review

This week I set my alarm to get up at 7:00 every morning and yet, not once did I actually get up at that time.  It's so hard when the bug gets up multiple times during the night.  I'm so tired!  Therefore, I did a little scrambling to get in my workouts but I made it work. 

Monday - 3 miles treadmill, 0.25 hours strength training
Because I didn't get up when the alarm was set for (shoot, I turned it off in the middle of the night), I had to take the baby to the basement with me to run on the treadmill.  He dozed off in his swing while I put in the miles.  I also did a little strength training: 7x clean and jerk at 55 pounds.

Tuesday - 1000 yard swim
Again I tried today to get up at 7:00, but didn't.  I asked Dave if he would give me an hour, put the baby in the swing while he worked, and I headed to the pool to do 1000 yards straight just to get back in the pool.  I was surprised how easily this swim seemed.  Good thing...there's an open water swim race in a few weeks.

Wednesday - 4 miles (35:49 - 8:56 pace)
The hottest day of the year and I did this run at like 10:00am.  I thought I was going to melt.  I went a little faster than my ability level right now, but I have a hard time slowing down once I establish a pace.

Thursday - Off

Friday - Off

Saturday - 4 miles treadmill
Dave's been going to the group runs and since I can't put the baby in the running stroller yet to actually run, I could only do the run on the treadmill.  Unfortunately this time he did not doze off and I probably hopped off the treadmill about 100 times to put his pacifier back in his mouth.

Sunday - 5.25 miles trail run (51:56 - 9:54 pace)
There is a metro park right around the corner from us that has some trail running.  Not many trails, but I was able to double up on the trails to get in a pretty good run.  I kept telling myself to run a conservative and easy pace, but I really only have one pace.  I only had one mile over a 10:00 pace.

Totals:
Running - 16:25 miles
Strength training - 0.25 hours

No comments: