Thursday, January 08, 2015

Thursday Thoughts

Garth Brooks was on the Today Show this morning.  Two things I love together in one!!!  It got me thinking...When I was in high school (maybe college) I got to see Garth Brooks in concert sitting tenth row at what is now Quicken Loans Arena in Cleveland.  It was AMAZEBALLS!!!  He played four notes of "Friends in Low Places" and the place went insane.  Four more notes, more insanity.  He ran from side to side of the stage.  He floated out over the crowd.  It was, hands down, the coolest and greatest concert I've ever been to.  For years I was hoping to go to Vegas (never been) to see him in concert there, but now he's going to start touring again.  And I will pay big money to see him if he comes to Columbus or anywhere near.

So, what is the best, most awesome, concert you've ever seen?

2 comments:

Carina said...

I saw that this morning too. My fave GB memory: at my high school graduation, the choir sang The River (at least I think that's what it's called, a dream is like a vessel, ever changing as it grows ...). I don't really listen to country now, but all the GB stuff from about 88 to 94 is happy memories.

Unknown said...

I'd have to say hands down the best show I've ever seen was World Party. Karl Wallinger, the head of the band, had a brain aneurysm in 2001 which took him five years to recover from before he could start touring again. He played a small venue in So Cal during that return tour and his enthusiasm for being alive, able to play music, and have that music appreciated, was palpable. He put on an incredible show and his absolute joy was infectious. They have a sort of Beatles-esque sound and his lyrics run the gamut from introspection, to love songs, to social commentary. Really good stuff if you're into singer/songwriters.

She's the One

Way Down Now

Always on My Mind