Monday, January 19, 2015

Week in Review

I have been on a workout rampage this month.  I have missed two core workouts and that's it.  THAT'S IT!!!  My body is crazy screaming in soreness, yet I'm nailing each workout.  I have been a swimming, biking, running, and strength training fool.  Here's some of what last week entailed:

Swimming
Two swims - one was hard, the other was harder.  There were lots of pool toys.  I might have looked like I was drowning a time or two.
Totals - 4200 yards

Biking
I think coach might be trying to kill me on the bike.  That or she's trying to make me a better biker and runner.  Probably the latter.  I've been training with power and learning all about that.  One of the workouts this week had me maxing out power and pouring out sweat.  The other workout was all about cadence.  I don't really know what I'm doing or how it all goes together but coach continues to tell me the workouts are "perfect."  I believe there's another bike test coming up soon so we'll see how perfect those workouts actually were.
Totals - 24.58 miles

Running
I can't even count the number of runs I did last week.  It was probably five or six but it felt like 9 million.  There wasn't a single easy run.  I did hills, I did speed, I did tempo, I did intervals, there was a long run, and a partridge in a pear tree.  I'm getting faster, though.  I actually saw some pace numbers that started with sixes.  Yeah, sixes.
Totals - 30.38 miles

Strength
I missed a core workout, but still did a good basic strength routine and another routine that was mostly a butt routine.  I also did a lot of work to the bathroom remodel which should totally count as a strength routine.  (More on the bathroom remodel this week.)
Totals - 0.83 hours

I have never worked so hard.  I have never been so tired.  I have never drank so much recovery drink.  Hopefully this all pays off.  Either that or I'm going down in an epic ball of flames!!!

No comments: