Monday, February 02, 2015

Bike Test #2

In the past years of triathlon, I'll be honest, I kind of blew off biking.  I just don't love it.  I'd rather spend my time on things that make me happy like swimming and running.  But this year, with qualifying for the national championships, it is time to get serious about my weaknesses - biking.  I'm learning more about how to actually push myself and it was time to test that again with another bike test.

Last bike test, I think, coach was a bit disappointed with my results.  She was right, I needed to push myself more, have confidence in my abilities.  If she had asked me to run a mile at a 6-whatever pace, I wouldn't even blink.  Why can't I do the same with biking?

This time I challenged myself, pushed outside of my comfort zone.  I spit, I snotted, I coughed, I saw my heart beat outside of my chest.  And in the end, I did better. 

Coach said I made progress - 6 whole watts.  That doesn't seem like a lot but I suppose it is okay for now.  I'm a little low on my mass-to-wattage ratio.  I'll keep working, though, and pushing myself.  I'm sure in a few weeks there will be another test and another chance for me to find confidence and do better.

No comments: