Monday, March 02, 2015

Week in Review

The week started out so well and fizzled out by the end.  I blame the weather.  Really.

Swimming - 2400 yards
I only had one swim on the schedule this week.  Seems weird since I was coming off a race, but I'm not complaining that I didn't have to get all my junk together, get the kiddo ready, and drive to the gym, etc.

Biking - 34.87 miles
Three bike rides this week.  One was just a spin to shake off the race legs.  The other two contained more stuff like cadence and power.  One of the rides had a lot of hard stuff in a big gear.  In the last week my bike has decided it doesn't want to shift to a big gear anymore.  I haven't had time to take it to a bike shop, so I suffered through this workout.  I would have to stop my Garmin before each interval, figure out how to get the gear to the big ring, and then restart the interval.  This was really a pain in the ass as the intervals were maximum of 30 seconds in length.  Halfway through the ride I decided to do a little mechanic work on the bike.  I tweaked and rearranged, got back on my bike and immediately dropped my chain.  Argh!  Of course, I had trouble getting the chain back on which resulted in grease ALL.OVER.MY.HANDS!!!  All of this crap made it impossible for me to do my run off the bike; I had an appointment I had to get to and still needed to get myself and the boy showered.

Running - 17.23 miles
Seventeen miles is not very much when you're training for a marathon.  And it should have been at least 10-15 miles more.  Gosh darn it!  First, I missed the run off the bike as mentioned above.  Then came the long run.  My long runs are scheduled for Sunday.  I have been trying my best to follow the schedule and do my workouts when assigned.  Sunday morning I awake to snow and lots of it.  And it snowed all day.  We got, like, six inches of snow.  Did I moved to Boston???  I had specific paces I had to hit during this workout and I knew I couldn't get them done in the snow.  So I headed down to the treadmill, again.  Gah!  I'm so sick of the treadmill.  And I like to treadmill run!  I decided to break the run up into two different runs - the first would be an hour of "warmup"; the second would be the "meat" of the run with the paces and whatnot.  Unfortunately, I only did the first hour.  I just couldn't drag myself back downstairs to do another treadmill run.  I am sooo over winter!!!

Strength - 0.25 hours
I only had a core workout this week.  All the exercises were done with a medicine ball.  Some of them were hard and left me quite sore for many days.

Now that it is March I hope to be running lots of miles as my marathon is just around the corner and of course doing a lot of swimming and biking too.  Training never stops.  Which reminds me, I better get my buns out there and train.  See ya!!!

No comments: