Monday, March 16, 2015

Week in Review

Last week was rest week.  Thank goodness.  There's only a few weeks to go until the marathon and to be honest, I'm feeling a little burnt out.  This is normal for me, but hard to overcome.  I just want to lay on the floor and watch tv, not run.  But, I keep reminding myself that I've come so far and done so well and it's only a little bit longer until the reward.

Swimming - 4800 yards
Only two swims this week and both were pretty tame.  I don't really have a whole lot to say about that.  :)

Biking - 19.91 miles
There were two bikes this week.  They were both pretty tame too.  They were more about cadence than power.  I cut one of them short to go on a family walk.  There's more important things in life.

Running - 23.14 miles
I had hoped to run a race this past weekend but unfortunately the weather didn't cooperate.  Our plan was a 10 miler in Pittsburgh but Saturday's forecast was 100% chance of rain.  We didn't want to drive 3 hours and pay for a hotel for a soggy race.  Instead I just did an easier, shorter run on the treadmill.  The hard workout for the week was a track workout of one billion times 400m.  Just kidding.  It was 12 intervals, but that seems like a lot.  I've got to admit, track workouts make me crazy anxious.  For being a track kid, the track makes me nervous.  But I dominated this workout and that makes me happy.

Strength - 0.25 hours
Just one core workout this week.  I better look bangin' in a swimsuit this summer!

Next week is BIG!  I hope I survive!

No comments: