Thursday, August 04, 2005

A Good Run

Last night was my stadium workout. Dad and I met to do the run around 5:30pm an dit was 94 dgrees. Suffice it to say, I was not looking forward to the run. But, surprisingly, it went really well. We did our first four laps at a 7:43 mile and then worked really hard through the steps. When we got to the second mile Dad started to fall behind and only completed three of the four laps. We went through the stairs again; this time a little slower. Our last four laps we did 50 meters of walking and then a full 400 meters of jogging. At the end of the workout we walked a full 400 meteres.

I'm starting to get a little concerned. My dad's starting to talka bout giving up and not doing the marathon this fall or even another marathon. I think it's hard to reach a point in your running when you know you're only going to get slower. And I think it's really hard for my dad because I've gotten faster than him and he think he's holding me back. I think he forgets how hard I've trained all spring and summer for the half Ironman. I hope he find his passion again.

In dog news...I didn't get chased by any last night! Instead of pepper spray I was given the suggestion of carrying a small spritz bottle of ammonia and using it if necessary. I'm not really sure how I'd carry it, but that's probably a much better idea than the pepper spray.

7 comments:

Dave said...

So Meredith should spray her legs, and when the dog starts chewing on her, she'll taste bad? :)

Meredith said...

Shut it, Dave!

Val said...

*snorting laughter*

Unknown said...

hah!

if you wanted to carry something to spray with, you could always get one of the FuelBelt setups and fill one of the 7oz bottles with the nasty spray mixture. you can squirt pretty well with one of those bottles. only draw back is that you'd only get about two good squirts from it, and you run the risk of accidentaly drinking it...

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Seriously, blogger and I don't get along when it comes to posting links in the comments.

Anyway, the dog thing isn't just you! John is having the same problem and he swears dogs are getting more aggressive.

Anonymous said...

baaah! stupid link won't show up:
http://completerunning.com/chocolate-runners-blog/