Friday, August 12, 2005

It Must Be My Lucky Day

What do you do with all that change that you collect in your car, wallet, pockets, etc.? I put mine in a shoe box that sits on the top shelf in my closet. The box has so many coins in it that it's too heavy and the box too flimsy to take off the shelf. This morning I wanted to get four quarters so I could get a lemonade out of the vending machine at work. I blindly started grabbing coins out of the box until I got four quarters. When I got to work this morning I pulled out the quarters only to realize I had three quarters and one dollar bill coin. Crap! I though for sure there was no way the vending machine was going to take a dollar bill coin. But, it did!!! And now I have 75 cents extra to get me some pretzels later on.

It has been a great week of running despite the heat. I have already run 18 miles this week and went to one spinning class. Today is a day off from running and I plan on doing an 18 mile long run tomorrow morning.

Speaking of the heat....it's supposed to be 95 degrees today. I also saw gas prices at $2.55 this morning. Both the heat and gas prices are obscene. I'm just not going to drive this weekend. I'm not a hippie, but I'm really starting to think about protesting the gas prices and riding my bike whenever and wherever I can.

Hey, if I don't talk to you today, have a good weekend!

4 comments:

Meredith said...

Where did you find that? And was there a line a mile long?

Val said...

It's been $2.49 here for awhile in the middle of the week. Biking is a GREAT idea =) Have a super weekend yourself & enjoy your run tomorrow morning!

Andrea said...

Wow, I'm so much dorkier than you. I have those little papers like they use at the bank, and roll my extra coins.

Meredith said...

The reason the shoebox of coins is so heavy is because there is probably 20-30 rolls of coins too. So, I am a dork too.