Friday, June 19, 2009

Day 2 in CDA

Today was another great day in Coeur d'Alene. I started the day off with a hard interval run, which excitingly I hit all of them. Then we took a tour of the bike course. Well, I'm pretty glad that I'm not riding it. :) But I kept reminding Dave that he's done the training and everyone else was going to be doing the same hills. After the ride we hit up a local burger joint--Hudson's. It was a 19 seat counter where you could order a burger or a cheeseburger. Then they made the patties right in front of us and cooked it up. There were no fries and no chips, just burgers. And of course we had pie. From lunch it was to check in where Dave signed his life away, spent all our savings on Ironman gear, and picked up his bike. He did some small workouts and then we met up with some other bloggers--Marit, Deirdre, and Tasha--for dinner. Now we are chilling out in the apartment watching TV. It was a good day. :)

1 comment:

Michelle said...

I take it the burgers were better than the ones from the Alaska Lodge? ;-)