Monday, January 11, 2010

New Challenges

The thing that scares me most about Ironman is the bike ride. For years it's been my dream to do an Ironman but I've just been scared to sign up because of the unknown. Now that I have signed up, it's time to work. And because I have chosen a hilly Ironman Coach is working me HARD! This past week I had one of the hardest workouts I've ever done (although the hardest workout was probably the 20 miler she gave me at pace last year). This was 2 hours of bike riding, uphill. My legs were on fire!!! And to top that all off, she had me run afterwards. I tried to watch a movie while riding, but it just wasn't catching my interest. Dave had been sick all week and didn't ride with me either. It was everything I could do to keep my booty on the bike. But, I finished it and it went well. This training is truly challenging, both mentally and physically. I'm really enjoying the challenge, though. And I really look forward each week to what is new.

No comments: