Wednesday, January 20, 2010

That was the hardest workout I've ever done...

Man, I thought marathon training was tough. But with each new day of triathlon I find myself say, "man, that was the hardest workout I've ever done!" Today was no exception. Dave and I started off the day with a challenging Bosu ball routine and ended the day with the hardest swim workout I had ever done. :) Seriously. It started at long meters and ended with short fast meters. A LOT of short fast meters! And the send off was ridiculous. I was barely making it down the lane by the send off. I thought my arms had fallen off in the first 800 meters. I literally stopped in the middle of the lane at one point and cursed my coach. I was sharing a lane with Dave and he just kept splashing me in the face. I couldn't get a breathe; I kept getting water up my nose; and my arms wouldn't pull anymore. I was never so happy to be done with a workout. These workouts are getting harder and harder. I can't even imagine what's going to happen in the coming months. And tomorrow I have to wake up and start all over again.

Thank goodness Reece's peanut butter eggs were only 50 cents at the grocery.

Until tomorrow friends...

6 comments:

D said...

Hah... I almost passed out on the treadmill last night and then had to sit down in the shower. It's nice being out of the triathlon game ;)

Side note: I like it when you blog lots!

GetBackJoJo said...

Pretty soon you will adjust... really! Eventually it becomes normal to have hard workouts daily (esp. in the pool) and you are surprised when one isn't actually that bad! The hard part for a long time IS getting up and doing it again.
Think how easy marathon training will feel after all of this is over! :)

Liz Waterstraat said...

I read this and think to myself: oh shit, I forget she swims meters. And I gave you send offs in yards. I think there is a song out there, something about that which does not kill me makes me stronger...? Yeah, these are the workouts that count. All the ones that you can do with your eyes closed? That is what rest week is for. BRING IT.

Meredith said...

Yep, I'm one of the "lucky" ones who swims in meters.

Dave said...

Ha! BRING IT LIZ!

P.S. I also swim meters. :)

Steel Springs said...

Oh no! Swimming 800m with an 800y interval is brutal. Impressive workout! Enjoy those peanut butter eggs.