I got tagged and didn't even know it. I SUCK at keeping up with blogs!
Anyway, Megan (my Team Trakkers teammate) tagged me with ten things that make me happy. Here we go...
1. Not having to work a full time job anymore. Don't get me wrong, I LOVED studying engineering in school. And if I went back to do it all again I would still choose engineering. But, I really HATED being an engineering. Sure, owning a business has been stressful and financially straining, but I'm so glad I took the leap.
2. Appreciative clients. I know business shouldn't be personal, but running my business well, I think, is a reflection on me personally. I love receiving nice cards, notes, and compliments about the photo booth. I love that we are able to do most of our business through referrals. We strive really hard for good personalized service and I think we've succeeded.
3. Swimming. My parents wanted my sister and I to know water safety and be competent swimmers, but I don't think they'd ever envisioned that we would be the fish we turned into. I LOVE to swim and I'm so glad I finally get to incorporate it into my daily workouts.
4. Successful workouts. Don't you love finishing a run or any other workout and feeling like it all clicked and that you could continue working out for another hour or more?
5. Sloopy! I didn't know how badly I wanted a dog. She melts my heart. Yes, I might have a candy hard shell, but inside I'm mushy gushy!
6. Kool Aid. I gave up soda when I was 14 and don't drink coffee either so I need a vice. For me, it's Kool Aid. I LOVE the stuff. I know it's just sugar, but come on! You guys put sludge (coffee) in your body! My favorite flavors are black cherry and lemon-lime.
7. My nieces and nephews. I may never have children of my own and I certainly won't have as many as my sister has (4) but I have really enjoyed being in my nieces' and nephews' lives. They each have unique personalities, unique strengths and potentials, and their hearts are full of love.
8. The kiddos I teach. I know not everyone can tolerate little kids day in and day out. I certainly wouldn't have pegged myself as a person who could do it. But how can you not smile and be warmed inside walking away from a day of teaching gymnastics to a 3, 4, or 5 year old? They say the cutest things! And it's so rewarding to watch them learn and perfect new skills.
9. Dave. Duh!!!
10. Sleeping. I've got to admit, I sleep A LOT! I usually sleep at least 8 hours at night and I try to take a 2 hour nap every afternoon. I think it's good for my recovery and keeps my healthy. But let's be honest, I just love to sleep.
I'm not going to tag anyone specifically, but if you'd like to participate, please leave a comment with your blog name so I can go out and read your list!