Thursday, February 02, 2006

Lots O' Miles

I ran 11 miles last night because that's what my training schedule said to do. This training schedule is going to kick my A-S-S! The first 5 miles were tough. I walked some, I stopped and complained, but I got through the first 5. Dad had mentioned he might join me for the last 6, but I waited and waited and he didn't show up. I went in the lockerroom and put on more clothes as I had been cold the first part of this run. I think the extra clothes helped. The last 6 miles were much better and I did them continuously. I kept thinking to myself that (1) if I did all these miles that I wouldn't have to run on Friday and that I could swim instead and (2) if I ran all these miles that I could basically eat whatever I wanted for dinner because of the amount of calories I was burning. The best part of my run was around mile 9 (I'm guessing). I was finishing up the upper loop of the country club and the sun was setting. The sun was beautifully melting into the ground and was illuminating the water hazards and the big, big houses off in the distance. I wish I had a camera. Maybe I should get one of those disposable digital cameras to carry with me during my runs just in case something beautiful happens again. (Have you seen the disposable digital cameras...awesome!)

And now for the bad news. Dave has been really, really sick this week. We're talking hasn't gone to work yet and went to the doctor yesterday with a temperature over 102!!!! He was diagnosed with bronchitis and given some meds. He said he's feeling better today. But, today I'm feeling bad. Achy all over and feeling a little chilled. I have zero amount of PTO built up at work so I can't even cut out and go home and sleep and I've done so well with my training plan this week that I don't want to have to give up a run because I'm not feeling 100%. I guess the best part of all of this is that my colds always turn into a sinus infection and I totally know what to do with those. Not freakin' out yet.

Hope y'all's running is going well. Boston's coming fast!

6 comments:

Andrea said...

It'll kick your ass if you try to do all those runs at MP....

Anonymous said...

Way to persevere through a tough 11 miles!

I hope you guys feel better soon...or in your case, that you don't get what he has.

Rest up, you'll be solid for Boston.

Meredith said...

Dude, hold up on the ass kicking! I ran last night's run at a 9:08 pace. I did the 4 miler on Tuesday at a 13:00 pace. I did the tempo run on Monday sub-8:00 for the tempo miles. Although I don't get it, I'm really trying to follow the HR and pseudo-Pfitz plan. We're planning on doing an easy run on Saturday, right?

Unknown said...

get a good night's sleep and keep yourself hydrated! you'll kick the bug in no time!

Andrea said...

"easy" on Sat works for me!!

Dave said...

Thanks for the well wishes, Jessie! This was a pretty nasty one. I haven't had a fever like that in a long time.