Monday, February 27, 2006

Oh Where is My Long Run

(To the tune of the Hairbrush Song by Bob the Tomato from Veggietales)

Oh where is my long run? Oh where is my long run? Oh where, oh where, oh where, oh where, oh whereeeeeee....is my long run?

Seriously, where is my long run? It's a mere 7 weeks until the marathon and the longest run I've done is 12 miles. Yikes! I had planned on doing 15 this past Saturday but the group stopped at 12 and there weren't many who wanted to do anymore and I caved to peer pressure to stop running. I felt fine; I should have kept going. Now next week I'm going to have to jump to 18 miles from 12. Maybe I'll try to get in a 14-15 miler in the middle of this week to feel better about the mileage.

1 comment:

Nic said...

If it makes you feel better, I ran the Nike Women's Marathon on only one long run... a very long 8 miles. I was planning on only doing the half, and I was feeling good, and then all of a sudden I ran the entire marathon. Not very quickly, but I did it.

It's mental. You'll be fine. Good luck!