Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Why Bert, You're Sick!

Uh yeah, duh, Ernie! And boy did I catch a good one. Last Thursday I started feeling bad...you know, feverish and prickly all over. Friday I felt good, though and ran 6 miles after work. Friday night I started to get all stuffy and Saturday when I woke up I felt terrible. I didn't run Saturday morning (more because it was pouring outside than actually feeling bad), but I did get dressed and have brunch with my family. This was the last time I was out of my pajamas until today. I stayed in bed the rest of Saturday, all day Sunday, and all day yesterday except for the hour I spent at the doctor's office. I've barely eaten anything since Saturday. I'm feeling pretty weak. Today I'm feeling pretty good, though. I can breathe through my nose; I can cough without losing a lung; and I don't feel completely nauxious today either. I was actually able to eat some applesauce without gagging. I don't think I'm going to run today either, but I'll probably get back in the swing of things tomorrow.

3 comments:

Andrea said...

Feel better soon!!!!

Unknown said...

eep...rest up and keep with the fluids. you'll be better in no time.

Anonymous said...

Don't feel bad, it is going around! Your Uncle Chris had it a week ago. He passed out, gashed his head open, got a free ride to the ER (thanks Mifflin) and left with 5 staples. I heard two other people passed out with this flu. Don't over do it! Make sure you take time to recover!