Saturday, December 20, 2008

Best. Christmas. Ever.

My family celebrated Christmas today. And it was AWESOME!

My sister and I have been working hard the last couple of weeks to put together the ultimate gift for my parents. And today we got to see their reactions.

We modeled our gift giving after this commercial:



We had three gifts that we spread out throughout the festivities. The first was a box of tissues. Immediately dad asked where his new car was. Then they waited and waited. Next was a brown paper bag. They waited and waited some more. Then they opened a box that had a picture of a bunch of trampolines. Now they were really thrown off. Finally, after everyone had opened every gift we gave them their real gift.

Together they opened a folder. They both squealed and started crying hysterically. My dad kept saying "throw it away." My sister Amy and I were shell-shocked. We couldn't tell if they were happy or upset. I was crying. Amy was crying. What the hell was going on?

My sister and I bought them a cruise. This cruise leaves in two weeks. We arranged their work schedules and volunteer schedules and all they had to do was find a way to get to Miami. They were overjoyed. My dad cried through dinner.

It was the best Christmas present EVER!

No comments: