In 2007, I set a New Year's resolution for myself to read 12 books that year, which I did. In 2008, I decided to do it again (secretly hoping to do 14 books). Right now I'm reading my 14th book and it's due at the library on January 2nd. So, I might get in all 14 books. Here's the list:
1. "A Long Way Gone" by Ishmael Beah
2. "Love is the Killer App" by Tim Sanders
3. "An Idiot Girl's Christmas" by Laurie Notaro--Her books are always funny. Start with the "Idiot Girl's Action Adventure Club."
4. "Into the Wild" by Jon Krakauer--Loved the book, loved the movie.
5. "Last Lecture" by Randy Pausch--Seriously DO NOT read without a box of tissues.
6. "Marley and Me" by John Grogan--I'm hoping to go see the movie soon. Cute book, even if you're not a dog lover (like myself).
7. "Dispatches from the Edge" by Anderson Cooper
8. "My Life on the Run" by Bart Yasso--My favorite book I read this year.
9. "The Great Gatsby" by F. Scott Fitzgerald
10. "Girls in Pants: The Third Summer of the Sisterhood" by Ann Brashares
11. "There's a Slight Chance I Might Be Going to Hell" by Laurie Notaro--I only have one of her books left to read. Come on, Laurie! Publish another book!
12. "Twlight" by Stephenie Meyer--My second favorite book I read this year. Loved the book, loved the movie. Dave got me the sequel for Christmas. I can't wait to read it.
13. "Me Talk Pretty One Day" by David Sedaris
And what I'm reading right now:
14. "No Limits: The Will to Succeed" by Michael Phelps
So, what did you read this year that you would recommend?