Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Happy Freakin' New Year!

Last New Year's I spent the day hugging the porcelain god, praying to die, and getting a shot in my butt at the urgent care. I had norovirus. I did not even see midnight because the anti-nausea medicine caused me to pass out, FOR THREE DAYS!

And it seems this New Year isn't going to be much different. Last week when we were at Dave's parents I started getting a sore throat. I thought it was just allergies as I'm allergic to pine trees and we were sleeping in the same room as the live Christmas tree. But after we came home I just kept getting sicker and I pushed through it by continuing to work out. The last two days, though, I barely made it out of my pajamas and today I wound up in the doctor's office: a sinus infection and bronchitis. For the first time that I can remember, the doctor told me not to run for a while.

So Happy Freakin' New Year, internet. I hope yours is better than mine!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

How are you feeling today?

Meredith said...

I'm feeling much better now that I'm on the drugs. Last night I got a full-night's sleep, which I hadn't had in three days.

I've always wondered what it's like to have a full upper lip, though, and now I have it because everything's so swollen from blowing my nose. :)