Tuesday, August 05, 2014

Hartford Fair 2014

We have been to the fair!

The Hartford Fair is dubbed "The biggest little fair in the world" or something like that.  I don't know if it is or not, but for a $6 admission, it's worth a go. 

This year was so much fun with Anderson.  First we took him into the barn with the ducks, geese, turkeys, chickens, and rabbits.  He was in heaven.  He loved that they quacked at him.  He seemed to stay in the barn forever.  Me?  Well, I do NOT like birds of any kind so this was a nightmare for me.  We next got to see the pigs, the cows (they were HUGE), the sheep and goats, and finally some horses. 

He quickly grew tired of the animals and then it was on to the tractors.  I didn't bring my big camera.  My mom took most of the pictures on her camera and I have yet to see the pictures.  But, I did take a few with my phone.  Pure joy (and pure nightmare when we tried to leave each tractor).



Finally we finished up the evening with some yummy dinner (for me, homemade chicken and noodles) and then yummy, local Velvet ice cream.

Do you have a county or state fair you like to go to?
What's your favorite attraction at the fair?
What's your favorite fair food?

No comments: